Ramadhan Kareem
It's Ramadan tomorrow.
I stocked up on foodstuff, ready to cook up a storm to nourish my body for its ardous journey ahead.
Am watching Bollywood Dance Hits on tele, not exactly the desired pre-Ramadan activity but as usual am slumped over the couch exhausted from the day - spent mainly on cleaning, laundry and kitchen organization.
Its amazing how every activity in this tiny apartment has cleaning consequences. Every meal I make, even if its just peeling a mango and scooping fresh yogurt on it (yum!) - even zero activity would spur on a massive dust-busting exercise, given Delhi's horrendous proclivity for clouds of it to settled uninvited on just about everything.
Firstly, I must say - Bollywood music videos are absolutely amazing - the doom ba doom in the background generating pulsating music with such richness of sound and melodious voices lifting over with the ha ha humm followed by swirling technicolour of dazzling sparkly costumes, arrestingly handsome men with smouldering gazes passionately embracing devastatingly beautiful women in dark, kohl-lined eyes with generous cleavages surrounded by a spectacularly choreographed entourage moving in unison yet in perfect complement to fan the flames of a very public seduction scene for the courting hero/heroine couple .......all this against effortless camera angles capturing all the activity in both swooping and still cinematography, taking in the subtle chin-nudging of the woman to the fierce arm-strokes of the man leaping across the room in time to the beating drums.....I am sold, I have to say.
Back to Ramadhan.
It seems to me that every human activity in this tiny room has to be followed by cleansing, in order for it to be habitable, and for peace of mind. I suppose then this must follow for what goes on, at a metaphysical level - a lot of cleansing for me then, required.
It also happens that I am presently reading a book "gifted to me by a friend" (in Indian English) before I left for India - Eat Love Pray - and I must say am so struck by how goofy and God-affirming it is - I like.
I am determined to now attend the Vedic Chanting class offered by the yoga instructor, and integrate this in the finer aspects of solat. I am eager to begin my mornings with meditation and contemplation for the physical tribulation ahead in the day.
Tomorrow then, it starts.
Ramadhan Kareem.
I stocked up on foodstuff, ready to cook up a storm to nourish my body for its ardous journey ahead.
Am watching Bollywood Dance Hits on tele, not exactly the desired pre-Ramadan activity but as usual am slumped over the couch exhausted from the day - spent mainly on cleaning, laundry and kitchen organization.
Its amazing how every activity in this tiny apartment has cleaning consequences. Every meal I make, even if its just peeling a mango and scooping fresh yogurt on it (yum!) - even zero activity would spur on a massive dust-busting exercise, given Delhi's horrendous proclivity for clouds of it to settled uninvited on just about everything.
Firstly, I must say - Bollywood music videos are absolutely amazing - the doom ba doom in the background generating pulsating music with such richness of sound and melodious voices lifting over with the ha ha humm followed by swirling technicolour of dazzling sparkly costumes, arrestingly handsome men with smouldering gazes passionately embracing devastatingly beautiful women in dark, kohl-lined eyes with generous cleavages surrounded by a spectacularly choreographed entourage moving in unison yet in perfect complement to fan the flames of a very public seduction scene for the courting hero/heroine couple .......all this against effortless camera angles capturing all the activity in both swooping and still cinematography, taking in the subtle chin-nudging of the woman to the fierce arm-strokes of the man leaping across the room in time to the beating drums.....I am sold, I have to say.
Back to Ramadhan.
It seems to me that every human activity in this tiny room has to be followed by cleansing, in order for it to be habitable, and for peace of mind. I suppose then this must follow for what goes on, at a metaphysical level - a lot of cleansing for me then, required.
It also happens that I am presently reading a book "gifted to me by a friend" (in Indian English) before I left for India - Eat Love Pray - and I must say am so struck by how goofy and God-affirming it is - I like.
I am determined to now attend the Vedic Chanting class offered by the yoga instructor, and integrate this in the finer aspects of solat. I am eager to begin my mornings with meditation and contemplation for the physical tribulation ahead in the day.
Tomorrow then, it starts.
Ramadhan Kareem.

2 Comments:
Selamat berpuasa. The pad looks amazing, hopefully the dust settles by the time we visit? Will advise on dates by next week- cannot wait! Take care, love
selamat berpuasa halva, and hopefully will see you soon?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home