Saturday, August 26, 2006

Gosh

Gosh its been a hectic couple of weeks........................

Rara got married to SF and i was lucky enough to attend the nikah. So full of love, so right for each other, so lovely. My prayers for your happiness forever and ever, and hope that someday i can be as lucky.
----------------

Aged Rockstar's best friend came to town and met up with me. An Irishman, an ex-priest, now a 'recovering Catholic', serving in the same cause as the Rockstar. Blazing trails, fighting institutional agendas, fiercely defending communities, occasional lone warriors, loud voices at the expense of personal advantages and liberty.

The Rockstar got in touch with me a few days later, and we had a fabulous conversation. I talked mainly about work, railed about injustices and grotesque double standards, about blatant sufferings and apathy. And he talked about his battles, his victories, his programmes. I could feel the excitement in his voice, describing his latest project, which i must admit, sounded brilliant.

That's what i love about them most - old, romantic men, still bent on changing the world.

----------------

Met a Client who moved me so much - suffering from post traumatic stress, he asked
" I don't need anything from you, but I just can't seem to be able to breathe".

His brother-in-law was tortured and his family is nowhere to be found. He is alone and he hasnt slept for 6 days.

------------------

My colleague will be posted soon to a conflict-ridden part of the world for Duty and I am so excited for her. Wonder where in the world she will be.


-----------------

Had last dinner with Fazu. I know he will succeed beyond his wildest dreams, inshallah. I guess I'm happy just to have been a part of his life. He means more to me than he can ever know.


-----------------

Went with TC after work yesterday to Isetan where we got loads and loads of sushi for half price and ate out of the plastic containers till we got sick. It was great.


----------------

Really hot Swedish guy is new office colleague. He makes me sweat. Having dinner tonight with him and the Boss. How very exciting.


Till next week..........

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms J said...

looking forward to hear you write about your office affair - not the sweet romance stuff, more the nookie in the closet material pls! hod nothing back. details details. and unzip pls!

1:26 PM  
Blogger lita said...

more on hot swedish guy pls!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, MORE on hot swedish guy. When are you going to ask him out? I have been bad girl... This is THE best shopping place in the world.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home