Cross Roads

I owe a huge apology to everyone, who were lovely to leave comments despite the long absence. Especially to Sheila, for thoughts and concern all the way from Down Under. What a mate!
I am incredibly stressed at this point. Am at the Cross Roads of Life.
It's probably not all that dramatic, but am feeling incredibly high drama right now.
Have been offered new job which will take me away from my Clients and to a New World.
There are Good Reasons for taking the job, but its Out of my Comfort Zone.
Am feeling a terrible sense of Restlessness. I am Fidgety and Twitching all the bloody time. Am full of Nervous Excitement its not funny.
The New World will allow me to embrace other Dreams, which i have harboured for a long time. But there are Obstacles that stand in my way.
Also, I am hopelessly in love with the Aged Rockstar. I love him, I really do. And he loves me, at least I think so.
But we can't be together because of Many Reasons. All Valid. Although he thinks we should just wing it.
My parents have done the Bollywood/P Ramlee thing and told me to cut off ties and NEVER SEE THE AGED ROCKSTAR AGAIN. I am sad.
This is what i want to do:
STOP trying to be sensible, TAKE new scary job, MARRY the Aged Rockstar, MOVE to his country, JOIN him in his social entrepenuership and his farming of grapes and olives and be pseudo-farmer + social activist couple, HAVE children, TRAVEL the world with the Aged Rockstar and RETIRE in Malaysia.
What I will end up doing:
Have Common Sense shoved down my throat, FORGET the Aged Rockstar, TAKE new scary job. Never fall in love again, never marry and die lonely at 40.
and that's it for now.
I want my man, my baby and my grapes and olives and farmland and social activism.
But no, will take new job in NEW WORLD.
NEW WORLD will require change and sacrifice from within. For the greater cause. It will not be easy.
Am negotiating terms of NEW WORLD.
Have already had three cups of espresso, have shaking hands and pounding head.
Let's see what happens.

9 Comments:
i feel for you. there are no guarantees which ever way you go... have faith that you will choose the right path. don't write the rock star off just yet, things happen when you least expect it, if it is meant to be. you know that i understand, so let me know if you need to talk...am always happy to!
I think the bbeauty of being alive is knowing that there is NO guarantee. It is embracing magic, falling, getting up, surrendering, fighting and BEING. Trust your heart. In the end, that is all that matters.
Carpe Diem it baby!
sigh. he's your mcdreamy isnt he? wish there was an easier way for you. but some things in life must be worth fighting for, surely?
I would be rooting for him if he has showed even once that he was willing to meet you halfway. Cf your parents and friends who love you to death!
Sheila - thanks mate, i have your number
Mangolisa - that's beautiful. and it's true.
Sofie - i wish i had the guts to do it
Lita - yes, yes! he's my McDreamy!
Diaz - he's not that bad lah.....but will admit he's not exactly Boyfriend of the Year....
Such is McLife.
I know that I was the first to tell you to marry him but, I echo Diaz! The least he could have done is meet you half way. No wonder your parents are having the Ibu Mertuaku reaction to all this(cf. "Kalau kao mao kawin sama laki-laki yang kao suka, kao tersingkir dari kaum keluargaku." - Long live Nyonya Mansur!)
Heal, my dear friend, heal. Grow. Forget. Accept. Hope.
Hugs, fazu
P.S. How did the negotiations with the New World agent go?
We know you love him, but DOES HE LOVE YOU ENOUGH to meet you half-way at least? Marriage is a PARTNERSHIP.
There's no heaven on earth my friend, not for you, not for me. Do what feels right in your gut and that no matter what you decide you friend here loves you and hopes you will find your measure of happiness.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home