Monday, May 21, 2007

Nervous Glee

I am filled with Nervous Glee.

Because of Anticipated Events.

I will be away in Ol'Blighty for a month in July, on work/holiday.

A stroke of luck, new horizons abound.

New People to meet.

Specific Persons to see.

Things to Learn.

Places to visit.

Nephew to Love. (yay)

In the meantime, have to organize and sort out Life so its a smooth progression to Exciting July.

Weight to Lose.

Dresses to Purchase.

Hair to Trim. (7th haircut in 7th month)

Work to Complete.

Dentist, Bank, Optometrist appointments.

Now infused with zesty appreciation for home-cooked offices lunches for purposes of Waist Acquisition. So far have made:

1. Tuna, basil and tomato sandwich
2. Tagliatelle with roasted vegetables and cottage cheese
3. Nasi Ulam (oh the intoxicating scent of those herbs....)
4. Refried beans, minced beef, salsa and yogurt sandwich
5. Potato and Leek soup

Tomorrow have decided to prepare:

Grilled Fish with Romaine Lettuce & Cherry Tomatoes, with honey, mustard, dill and yogurt sauce.

(recipies on demand)

4 Comments:

Blogger lita said...

woohooo!! possibilities abound!! good on ya luv (and yes i want them recipes!)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Ms J said...

yeayyyy to england! a whole month? you will return to motherland craving for nasi ulam, no doubt.

try getting a work posting across the pond to the US next ok.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what amazing lunches! and there i was thinking my pickle + cheese sarnie was elaborate.
Huzzah for the trip! Lets try and meet up in June.

G (still cant log on)

11:54 PM  
Blogger milee said...

I am not one to demand so I will politely ask, may I have recipe for no. 2? With much thanks.....btw have a great time abroad.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home