Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hola!


Sunrise, peak of Mount Sinai
(yes am sure you are sick of Egyptian photos by now but these are still some of the best pix i have...)
I should be spanked, tarred, feathered, gutted for leaving the blogsphere with the dreadful post of bleakness and hopelessness........
So here is a vision of hope - a ray of morning sunshine bouncing across cold stones - the prize for around 1,000 persons who sacrificed sleep and climbed through punishing rock-hewn steps. It was worth the pain.
I turned 3-5 last month. And as I evaluate life in 5 year tranches, this year is particularly significant.
And much has happened. In the last month.
And the Much-that-has-Happened-in-the-last-Month brought home what I needed to take with me, for the next tranche at least - that the achievements i had penned down for the 3-5 year may be nothing of what i envisioned.
That the biggest success to date, is maybe the realization that I really, do, need, to sing the song I have been trying to sing since the start of the year: Let Go Of My Fears And Trust.
Trust who?
Trust that is basis of Faith.
That I should never Fear losing anything that is on this Earth. I should only Fear losing my Soul - should Earthly Attachments weigh upon the Lightness of Being and Shackle it from Truth and Peace of Mind.
In less pretentious language,
It's not the Size of the Tide,
It's the Motion of the Ocean.
Yeah, baby.
So at the age of 3-5, I have decided to stop Fighting with the Universe, and go with the flow.
Someone of Significance has taught me that, in-the-last-Month-that-was-Pivotal-and-Life Changing.
Today, I have nothing but Gratitude.
Thanks. Really. I actually do mean it. All of it.
I have so much to look forward to in the months ahead.
Inshallah.
Halva is officially a Hippie.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hei babe,
I was wondering where u've been. senyap aje.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Ms J said...

hip hip hurrah hey to hippie halva!! bring out Carol King and Joni Mitchell!!!

(almost fell off my chair to se a new entry in Halva)

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya Allah ya Tuhanku apa pulak yang dah jadi ni?

6:23 AM  
Blogger Rie said...

hey, welcome back positive lady.
I'm delurking to say hi. came across your blog while I was studying abroad, and re-came across it again a few months back while back home on hiatus, and I've been dropping by every once in a while to check if you've got any new posts up and today's a lucky day. :o)
I enjoy reading your posts, they emit Hope.
cheers,
~m.

8:45 AM  
Blogger lita said...

pls do share with me this new-found zen-ness - am in sore need of it.

and *who* pray tell is this person of significance?

see you sunday!

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh pls. boleh tolong update regularly tak.
happy (blated) birthday!

RA

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow..finally. i thought i had to resort to vicious and ugly blog police. more please. so that we know whats been happening!

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone's getting all zen-like now ain't she?

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home