Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Lighter Vein

Saw a film on the history of Cuban music tonight with NB. Was shopping at my favourite, favourite store called Anoukhi when she called and said she was coming in 15 mins to get me from the store to a concert of Cuban music (I adore this woman).
When we got there, we had to do some searching for this place called The Attic which turned out to be a hole-in-the-wall which hosts offbeat events. We were greeted with mojitos and loud salsa music. Instead of live music however it turned out to be a film about Cuban music......we watched it anyway.
Am green with envy at sheer natural talent and amazing evolutionary capability of Cuban musicians in adapting to the changing music landscape especially in the 60s during the anti-Communist era.....
I will sleep better tonight. A little fidgety and wishing I was in a swirling skirt with a Cuban man but sleeping better nontheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home