Sexy Man of God
Optimism is not easy.
Admittedly, its tough to remain persistently upbeat in the face of penniless, career-less and man-less situation. (refer to article Of Clutter and Catharsis)
So this morning i did the unemployed person routine - got up at 9.30am, felt sorry for myself, crashed my diet (which was going well by the way, the capati routine was holding up) by opening up a packet of oily muruku, and watched a DVD at 10.30am.
I saw Raising Helen -which is your average feel-good american suburbian movie - starring Kate Hudson and John Corbett (of Adrian in Sex and the City fame). I needed a quick fix. I needed warm and fuzzy. Could not handle Pedro Almodavars, Peter Greenwoods or any other clever European arty film capturing the decay and rot of modern society or the deeper malaise of oppressed sexual minorities.
There is a superb line in the film. As a brief background, JC stars as a Lutheran pastor who is KH's interest. As he attempts to kiss her, she resists. So he says, "I'm sexy", but KH not too convinced, as she cannot get past his pious image. So he goes further and says, "I'm a sexy man of God".
That is EXACTLY what i want. A sexy man of God.
Someone who supplicates with bleeding knees to an Invisible Being, cognizant of omnipotence and bowed in humility knowing that there is something so much bigger than he, without denying his basic, primal instincts to seek pleasure and procreate. And of course, to respect his partner and not to view women merely as reproductive machines that also function as household appliances. Oh, and a wicked sense of humour to boot.
Is it asking for too much?
Admittedly, its tough to remain persistently upbeat in the face of penniless, career-less and man-less situation. (refer to article Of Clutter and Catharsis)
So this morning i did the unemployed person routine - got up at 9.30am, felt sorry for myself, crashed my diet (which was going well by the way, the capati routine was holding up) by opening up a packet of oily muruku, and watched a DVD at 10.30am.
I saw Raising Helen -which is your average feel-good american suburbian movie - starring Kate Hudson and John Corbett (of Adrian in Sex and the City fame). I needed a quick fix. I needed warm and fuzzy. Could not handle Pedro Almodavars, Peter Greenwoods or any other clever European arty film capturing the decay and rot of modern society or the deeper malaise of oppressed sexual minorities.
There is a superb line in the film. As a brief background, JC stars as a Lutheran pastor who is KH's interest. As he attempts to kiss her, she resists. So he says, "I'm sexy", but KH not too convinced, as she cannot get past his pious image. So he goes further and says, "I'm a sexy man of God".
That is EXACTLY what i want. A sexy man of God.
Someone who supplicates with bleeding knees to an Invisible Being, cognizant of omnipotence and bowed in humility knowing that there is something so much bigger than he, without denying his basic, primal instincts to seek pleasure and procreate. And of course, to respect his partner and not to view women merely as reproductive machines that also function as household appliances. Oh, and a wicked sense of humour to boot.
Is it asking for too much?

7 Comments:
Halva, I understand PERFECTLY!!!
I guess I still carry this mental image I've had since I was 19, from a story I heard of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) reading the Quran while playing with Aisyah's hair. Talk about the Ultimate sexy man of God.
And this vision recently resurfaced somewhat when a Spanish-speaking ex-boxer with a cheeky smile and a self confessed preference for galabayas over modern clothing despite scorn by his peers, and who admitted to being moved to tears upon hearing, at Abu Simbel itself, the extent of Ramses II's love for his Queen Nefertari, professed to reading the Quran whenever he felt troubled, needed guidance or simply to soothe his thoughts.
Why oh why didnt I accept his proposal of 25 horses for my hand in marriage?
Sigh.
My quest continues.
Yeah, I thought 25 was a bit on the low side. Though there were some camels as well, I forget how many, and his cousin did throw in a modest amount of land to sweeten the deal.
Oh, to live within sight of the Valley of the Kings...
I was surfing through a few blogs and came across yours and wanted to say very nice job on the content, so I have bookmarked your site for future reference.
Just in case you are interested I have a Household Tips For Cleaning Oily Windshield
site. It pretty much covers Household Tips For Cleaning Oily Windshield
related stuff.
Check it out if you have some time :-)
Howdy Halva,
I'm impressed with what you wrote here in your Sexy Man of God post. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I was searching for sexy french kissing tips information, but found you and I'm happy to be here - you have done well with topics that interest me. I might make a blog that looks like yours but about sexy french kissing tips related stuff, (don't worry I wouldn't try to compete with you). You're doing a great job Halva.
You got a great thing going... by friend.
Okay Halva, I don't know if you can help me, but I think maybe you will understand. I see all this crazy blog spam everywhere (I see some here) and I'm wondering if you know how we can stop it. I just have a site about sexy kiss, and I can't even go find information on sexy kiss without having to filter through all the junk. My blog gets totally bombarded with this rediculously spam. I hope you're not as frustrated as my self. Anyway, good luck with your blog, and let me know if you have any ideas...
Thanks.
Howdy Halva,
I'm impressed with what you wrote here in your Sexy Man of God post. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I was searching for sexy love kissing information, but found you and I'm happy to be here - you have done well with topics that interest me. I might make a blog that looks like yours but about sexy love kissing related stuff, (don't worry I wouldn't try to compete with you). You're doing a great job Halva.
You got a great thing going... by friend.
Halva, could I ask if you are doing this all yourself or do you have a special website person creating all this for you? If it's you, I say wow and good job. Maybe you can give me some tips on my sexy love kissing site if you have time. I don't know if you're interested in sexy love kissing stuff, but it's 'the place' to go for that. Well, just though I'd drop by and say "YOU'RE AWESOME!!" and that you have a nice blog.
Seeeee ya later.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home